Founded in 1958, Friends of the Manhattan Beach Library is a group of volunteers working to raise funds for the support and enrichment of the Manhattan Beach Public Library within the structure of a non-profit organization.
WHAT DO THE FUNDS RAISED PROVIDE FOR THE LIBRARY?
- Adult and children’s books and audiovisual materials (DVDs and CDs) to augment the collection, and provide additional copies of heavily requested materials, especially best selling and popular books.
- Supplies and equipment to augment the library’s allocated budgets.
- Fund children’s and adult programs and events.
WHAT DO THE FUNDS RAISED PROVIDE FOR CHILDREN?
- Friends of the Manhattan Beach Library funds children’s programs at the Manhattan Beach Public Library.
- Craft material purchases for special projects including the Manhattan Beach Arts Festival are also made possible by your donations.
- Annual Bookmark Contest Sponsor
- Books for Summer Reading Programs in all Manhattan Beach public schools
- Refreshments for child, teen, and adult programs including monthly book clubs.
HOW DO THE FRIENDS RAISE FUNDS FOR THESE PROJECTS?
- Friends of the Manhattan Beach Library holds book sales throughout the year in the Manhattan Beach Public Library.
- Items are continuously for sale in the Manhattan Beach Public Library on a number of designated shelves.